Saturday, April 09, 2005

TIME to cancel your subscription


Posted by Hello

Powerline makes a great comment regarding this ad:

"Know why." Know why what? Why American soldiers are beaten and dispirited, I guess. Why we're losing in Iraq. Is there any other way to read this ad? I've studied it more than I'd like to admit, and I can't think of any. If you want to know why American soldiers are defeated and demoralized, read Time.

I think this relates greatly to Bear's posting below on the Pulitzer winning photos. It seems the Media Elite is caught in the 70's Vietnam era of demoralization and scandal. They just can't move past that time in their lives.

They could have made the ad even more intriguing if they featured the battle hardened face of a U.S. soldier with a large smile. Wouldn't that evoke more questions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home