Sunday, December 19, 2004

George W. Person of the Year


Posted by Hello

Time Magazine has named President Bush the 2004 person of the year. Before you get all excited thinking Time has finally seen the light, just realize that their definition of the person of the year is the person who has had the greatest effect on society, good or bad, and that Osama Bin Laden was seriously considered in past years and that Hitler, Stalin and the Aytollay are previous recipients of the title. .

LGF has an interesting portion of the article, recounting an episode of George Senior dissing Michael Moore:

Michael Moore’s got to be the worst for me. I mean, he’s such a slimeball and so atrocious. But I love the fact now that the Democrats are not embracing him as theirs anymore. He might not get invited to sit in Jimmy Carter’s box [at the Democratic Convention] again. I wanted to get up my nerve to ask Jimmy Carter at the Clinton thing [the opening of Bill Clinton’s library], “How did it feel being there with that marvelous friend of yours, Michael Moore?” and I didn’t dare do it.

I haven't read the article since it is subscription based so it will be interesting to see how W is portrayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home