Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Wednesday Morning Bloggy Goodness

I know it's been a few days since the last post, so here's a quick rundown of some interesting events that occurred over the past few days:

immediately after Bush's Doctors declared him to be in superior physical shape, the Dems, not to be one-upped, issued an unintentionally funny press release, complaining that the President was to blame for America's obese children. Powerline gives it a thorough fisking.

Via Michelle Malkin: The Los Angeles Times reports that the Federalist Society is "a somewhat secretive group." Patterico responds: "How is the Federalist Society even somewhat secretive? Can someone fill me in on this? I'm a member or at least I thought I was and I don't know a single secret. What's the secret?"

Helen "I'll die if Cheney becomes Prez" Thomas actually expressed outrage that she had been quoted by a Hill reporter. "I'll never talk to a reporter again!" Thomas was overheard saying. "We were just talking -- I was ranting -- and he wrote about it. That isn't right. We all say stuff we don't want printed," Thomas said. Of course, isn't this what reporters salivate for? Hoping to catch someone with their guard down, ready to tell them what they really think? Irony, thy name is Helen.

And of course, what would a day be like without some ridiculous Howard Dean comment? The other day, Howard Dean condemned President Bush's right-wing Supreme Court for the Kelo decision. Of course, it seems odd that 1) Bush had nothing to do with the current make up of the court, and 2) three of the four dissenters in the decision were the strongest conservatives on the court, with O'Connor being the fourth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home